Simparica Flea & Tick Chewables for Dogs 2.8-5.5 lbs (Yellow)
- Simparica Flea & Tick Chewables FAQ
Treatment ForFlea & Tick
Health BenefitsExternal Parasite Protection
Product TypeFlavored Tablet
Parasites CoveredFleas, Ticks
Minimum Age6 Months
Minimum Weight2.8 Pounds
Protects For1 Month
Can Be Given Without FoodYes
Safe For Pregnant DogsNo
Recommended ForPuppies 8 weeks of age and older
Simparica Chewable Yellow For 2.8 - 5.5 lbs Dogs
Simparica Chewable Yellow is a delicious flavored flea and tick treatment, designed for 6 months and older dogs weighing between 2.8-5.5 lbs in bodyweight. Simparica Chewable for 2.8-5.5 lbs dogs not only kills adult fleas and prevents flea infestations, but also eliminates five different tick types including Lone Star ticks, Gulf Coast ticks, American dog ticks, Black-legged ticks (Deer ticks), and Brown dog ticks. By killing deer ticks, it prevents the infections that may cause Lyme disease.
Simparica Chewable Dogs (2.8 - 5.5 lbs) Flea & Tick Treatment
- Convenient, and easy-to-administer
- Highly palatable flavored chewable formula
- Kills adult fleas & prevents flea infestations
- Quick-action formula, starts killing fleas within 4 hours
- Approved to kill 5 different tick types
- Protects against American dog ticks, Gulf coast ticks, Lone star ticks, Black-legged ticks (Deer ticks), and Brown dog ticks
- Prevents Lyme disease
- Recommended for use in 6 months and older dogs weighing between 2.8–5.5lbs
Simparica Chewable 2.8 - 5.5 lbs Dogs Ingredients
Simparica Flea and Tick Chewable for 2.8-5.5 lbs dogs is made with the active ingredient, Sarolaner that provides month-long protection against fleas & ticks and stops the infections that may cause Lyme disease.
- Give one chewable tablet on a monthly basis
- You can administer it orally or break it into pieces and integrate it in the dog's food
- This flea and tick treatment needs to be administered in a way that the dog chews it rather than swallowing it.
- Ensure that he consumes the entire dose.
- Make sure that your furry pal ingests the tablet for the effectiveness of the treatment
- If you find that any part of the tablet is left unconsumed or lost then you can administer another dose straight away.
Simparica Dosage Per Weight
Per Tablet (mg)
Number of Simparica
to be Administered
|2.8 – 5.5 lbs||5||One|
|5.6 – 11.0 lbs||10||One|
|11.1 – 22.0 lbs||20||One|
|22.1 – 44.0 lbs||40||One|
|44.1 – 88.0 lbs||80||One|
|88.1 – 132.0 lbs||120||One|
|Over 132.0 lbs||Administer appropriate combination of tablets|
- Can be used in conjunction with prescribed vaccines, parasiticides and other treatments
- Children and pets should not be allowed to get near this treatment
- Not intended for human use
- Recommended for dogs more than 8 weeks of age and weighing more than 2.8 lbs
- Strictly to be used on dogs only
- Please consult your vet before starting this treatment if your dog has a history of seizures or epilepsy or ataxia or muscle tremors.
- The safety of this flea and tick preventive has not been evaluated for breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs
Simparica Chewables : Key Takeaways
- Effective even on dogs with flea allergies
- Gets rid of fleas very effectively
- Prevents and controls home flea infestations thereby killing fleas before they even lay their eggs
- Provides instant relief to dogs from prevailing flea infestations
- Prevents life-threatening flea and tick borne diseases in dogs
- Remains effective even on the 35th day after administration
How Simparica Chewable is different from other flea and tick products?
Simparica Chewable for dogs is the only flea and tick treatment that kills fleas and five different types of ticks (American dog ticks, Lone star ticks, Gulf coast ticks, Black-legged ticks, and Brown dog ticks).
How frequently should Simparica be given to dogs?
Simparica Chewable for dogs is a monthly oral flea and tick treatment for dogs and should be given to dogs once every month.
How long does it take for Simparica to start working?
Simparica Chewable for dogs is a quick-action formula that starts killing fleas within 3-4 hours and ticks within 8 hours after administration.
What all types of ticks does Simparica Chewable kill?
Simparica Chewable for dogs kills five different types of ticks, including American dog ticks, Gulf coast ticks, Lone star ticks, Black-legged ticks, and Brown dog ticks.
Is Simparica Chewable effective in Lyme disease?
Simparica Chewable for dogs kills Black-legged ticks (Deer ticks) and thus blocks the infections that may cause Lyme disease in dogs.
How Simparica should be administered?
Simparica is an oral chewable flea & tick treatment for dogs. It can be offered by hand directly into dog’s mouth for chewing or can be given in the dog food.
What to do if one misses a Simparica dose?
In the case of a dose is missed, give Simparica chewable right away and then continue with a monthly dosing schedule.
For how long one should continue using Simparica?
In areas where fleas are common year-around, treatment with Simparica should be continued throughout the year for the year-long protection.
Does dog has to take a flea and/or tick bite to get protected from Simparica?
Simparica Chewable is not a flea & tick repellent. This is why flea and tick have to bite the animal. So that they can ingest the active component, sarolaner and this is how Simparica treatment comes into action and kill the parasite.