Bravecto Plus for Cats
- Bravecto Plus FAQ
Treatment ForFlea, Tick, Worm, Heartworm
Health BenefitsExternal Parasite Protection, Internal Parasite Protection
Product TypeTopical, Spot-on
Parasites CoveredFlea, Tick, Heartworm, Roundworm, Hookworm
Protects For2 Months
Recommended ForCats 6 months of age and older
Key IngredientsFluralaner, Moxidectin
Bravecto Plus : Flea, Tick & Heartworm Spot on Treatment for Cat
Bravecto Plus is a revolutionary product for the treatment of fleas and ticks in cats. The product kills all the existing parasites within 24-48 hours and prevents the infestation of fleas from re-occurring for 2 months. It is the first and only product that provides protection against the Asian longhorned ticks along with black-legged ticks, and paralysis ticks. Bravecto Plus also eliminates roundworms and hookworms responsible for intestinal infections. Apart from this, Bravecto Plus also prevents heartworm disease by killing the microfilaria circulating in the blood. This spot-on treatment is highly effective for Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) and thus, alleviates excessive itching.
How Bravecto Plus Works?
There are two active ingredients in Bravecto Plus – Fluralaner and Moxidectin. Where fluralaner acts on the nervous system of fleas and ticks, causing hyperactivity and death of these parasites, Moxidentin on the other hand acts on internal parasites like worms. It increases the permeability of cells in nematodes and arthropods which causes hyperpolarization, paralysis and death of the worms.
NOTE: Pets with a history of seizure should only be treated after consulting a vet.Please consult your vet before buying this product.
|Fluralaner Content (mg)|
|Small Cats||2.6 - 6.2||112.5|
|Medium Cats||>6.2 - 13.8||250|
|Large Cats||>13.8 - 27.5||500|
- Choose the pack according to the weight of your cat.
- Remove the pipette from the pack and hold it upright.
- Break open the seal by firmly pressing the cap on it.
- Let the cat stand in a comfortable position and then part the fur at the base of the neck to expose the skin.
- Place the tip of the pipette on the visible skin and empty the entire tube at the spot.
- Do not use the product on cats less than 9 weeks of age and have weight less than 2.6 pounds.
- Do not administer the product orally.
- Wash hands after handling the product.
- Keep the product away from kids and animals.
- Store the product in a cool and dry place.
- Do not use the solution on bruised pets.
- Do not bathe or swim the pet for 3 days after the treatment.
- Do not let your pet go near the fire places.
- Drinking, eating or smoking must be prohibited while administering the product.
Bravecto Plus: Key Takeaways
- Removes fleas and ticks with ease
- Prevents recurrence of flea and tick infestations.
- The first and only product that protects against the Asian longhorned ticks.
- Eliminates immature forms of heartworms thus prevents heartworm disease
- Kills all stages of roundworms and hookworms
- Removes ear mites and treats Sarcoptic mange
- Kills biting lice
- Curbs the infestation of fleas for 8 weeks
Can I use Bravecto Plus on my kitten?
Bravecto Plus for cats is safe to use on 6 months and older kittens and cats that weigh at least 2.6 lbs or more.
How does Bravecto Plus work?
Bravecto Plus is composed of two active ingredients, fluralaner and moxidectin. Fluralaner is from isoxazoline-substituted benzamide derivative that inhibits the arthropod nervous system. Whereas Moxidectin, attaches to gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and glutamate-gated chloride channels of the nerves and muscles of the parasites that cause hyperpolarization of the nerves and muscles of the parasites resulting in paralysis and death of the insect in the end.
What does Bravecto Plus for cats protect against?
Bravecto Plus for cats protects against fleas, ticks; prevents heartworm disease, and treats and controls roundworms and hookworms.
How Bravecto Plus is different than Bravecto Spot-On Solution?
Bravecto Spot-On for cats is a topical treatment that protects kittens and cats against fleas and ticks for 12 weeks. On the other hand, Bravecto Plus for cats is a topical multi-spectrum treatment that provides protection against fleas, ticks, and heartworms for two months, and treats and controls intestinal worms, including roundworms and hookworms.
What should I talk about with my vet before giving Bravecto Plus?
Discuss your feline's health records with your vet before starting with the treatment. Make your vet aware if your feline has a history of neurologic disorders as Bravecto should be used with caution in cats with neurologic diseases.
What is the foremost thing I should know about Bravecto Plus?
Bravecto should not be used on kittens less than 6 months of age. Moreover, the safe use of Bravecto Plus is not established in pregnant, breeding, or lactating cats.
What is the correct way of using Bravecto Plus?
Bravecto Plus should be applied topically to cat's skin as a single dose at an interval of once every two months.
What if I miss a Bravecto Plus dose?
Administer Bravecto Plus dose as soon as you remember and then continue with the monthly dosing schedule.
How Bravecto Plus is better than the monthly treatment?
Bravecto Plus for cats lasts longer than the regular monthly treatments. A single dose of Bravecto Plus keeps your cat protected for 2 months against fleas, ticks, and heartworms, which means it provides protection for twice the duration and half the stress as you don't need to dose them every month.
Why do I use Bravecto?
Cats are difficult animals to deal with when it comes to administering parasitic treatments. Bravecto offers long-lasting protection. A single dose of Bravecto Plus protects felines against flea, tick, and heartworms for 2 months. This means you will only require fewer doses to safeguard your felines from these parasites.
What is the benefit of using Bravecto Plus?
A single dose of Bravecto Plus provides protection against fleas and ticks, which means fewer doses and less stress.
What happens if I overdose my cat with Bravecto Plus?
In case of overdosing, immediately consult with your veterinarian.