Simparica TRIO for Dogs
- Simparica TRIO FAQ
- Treatment ForHeartworms, Fleas, Ticks, Intestinal Worms
- Health BenefitsInternal and External Parasite Protection
- Product TypeChewable Tablet
- Parasites CoveredHeartworm, Fleas, Ticks, Roundworms, Hookworms
- Protects For1 Month
- Recommended forDogs and Puppies older than 8 weeks of age
- Key IngredientsSarolaner, Moxidectin, Pyrantel
Simparica Trio Intestinal Worms & Heartworm Treatment for Dogs
Simaprica Trio is a multi-spectral treatment for dogs that treats external pests and infectious internal parasites. This monthly chewable is recommended for 8 weeks and older dogs, weighing 2.8 lbs or more.
Total parasite protection in one monthly chew:
Simparica Trio is a once-a-month chewable that protects your dog with three proven ingredients; sarolaner, moxidectin, and pyrantel formulated in one easy-to-give chewable for total protection against:
- Heartworm disease
- Flea infestation by killing fleas before they can even lay eggs
- 5 types of ticks (the only proven chewable for most type of ticks elimination)
- Treats and controls intestinal parasites like roundworms and hookworms
- Lyme disease infections (caused by deer ticks)
Protection against ticks:
- Simparica Trio has the potency to kill five types of ticks including: Gulf coast tick, American dog ticks, Lone star ticks, Deer ticks and Brown dog ticks
- By killing deer ticks, it blocks the pathogen that causes Lyme disease
- More than 98% efficacy in killing existing tick infestations in 48 hours
- By killing ticks, it prevents diseases in dogs like, ehrlichiosis, anaplasmosis and ricketsiosis
Protection against fleas:
- Starts terminating fleas within 4 hours of application
- Kills fleas before they lay eggs
- 100% proven efficacy in killing fleas within 8 hours of treatment
- Improves clinical signs of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD)
- Simparica Trio protects dogs from gastro-intestinal worms like roundworms and hookworms
- It is also effective in the prevention of deadly heartworm disease
How Simparica Trio Works?
Simparica Trio chewable tablets for dogs is one of its kind product that contain a combination of three active ingredients i.e., Sarolaner, Moxidectin and Pyrantel that easily replaces two to three parasiticides.
- Sarolaner– Eliminates external pests like ticks and fleas.
- Moxidectin –Prevents heartworm infections.
- Pyrantel – Treats and controls roundworms and hookworms.
- Choose the dosage according to your dog’s weight.
- Administer it directly in the dog's mouth or hide inside the food
- Give the tablet a way that it encourages your dog to chew rather than swallowing it without chewing.
- In case if you missed any dose, re-dosing is recommended.
- Keep out of the reach of children and other pets.
- For animal use only.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Wash hands thoroughly after administering.
- The safe use of Simparica Trio has not been evaluated in breeding, lactating and pregnant dogs.
Warning: Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures or neurologic disorders.
Simparica Trio: Key Takeaways
- All-in-one monthly chewable treatment for dogs
- Kills 5 types of ticks
- Eliminate fleas before they lay eggs
- Substantially improves the clinical signs of Flea Allergy Dermatitis in dogs
- Provides 100% protection from heartworm disease
- Treats and controls roundworms and hookworms in dogs
- Chewable tablet has a palatable liver-flavored taste
- Recommended to use for dogs 8 weeks of age and older, weighing 2.8 lbs or more
At what age should I start giving Simparica Trio to my dog?
Simparica Trio is safe to use for dogs 8 weeks of age and older, weighing 2.8 lbs or more.
What is the difference between Simparica & Simparica Trio?
Simparica protects dogs from external parasites such as fleas, ticks, mange, and mites. Whereas, Simparica Trio offers broad-spectrum protection against fleas, ticks, intestinal worms as well as heartworms.
What pack sizes does Simparica Trio come in?
Simparica Trio comes in 3-dose and 6-dose packs. The product comes in different color-coded packs, varied by the weight range of dogs.
Is it safe to give Simparica Trio if my dog is on other medications?
No studies have been conducted to ensure the safe use of Simparica Trio in combination with most wormers, heartworm preventatives, and flea medications. Moreover, Simparica Trio provides efficient protection against fleas, ticks, and heartworms in one chewable, so there is no need to use any other fleas, tick, or heartworm treatments.
Is Simparica Trio safe to use for all dog breeds?
Yes. Simparica Trio is recommended for various dog breeds. However, always speak to your vet as he/she is the right person to ask about your dog’s individual care.
What is the efficacy of Simparica Trio?
Simparica Trio has been found to be 100% effective in preventing the development of heartworms in two well-controlled laboratory studies. It has been found to be almost 95% effective in controlling fleas and ticks. Moreover, Simparica Trio has been found to reduce the fecal egg count of roundworms by 99.2%.
What happens if a dose is missed, or a dog vomits after administration?
In such cases, give a new dose and continue on the prescribed monthly dosage.
How does Simparica Trio work?
Simparica Trio is a palatable chew formulated with three active ingredients i.e. sarolaner, moxidectin, and pyrantel.
Sarolaner is an acaricide and insecticide that eliminates fleas and ticks. It inhibits the function of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptor and glutamate receptor and works at the neuromuscular junction in insects. This causes uncontrolled nervous activity and the death of the parasites. On the other hand, moxidectin causes the death of these insects by paralyzing them.
Pyrantel Pamoate is a nematocide that acts as a neuromuscular-blocking agent in susceptible parasites. It causes paralysis and death or expulsion of the worms.
Can I split Simparica Trio for administration?
No, Simparica Trio chewables are not scored and are not meant to be divided. They should be given as a chewable treat to your dog.
Can I use Simparica Trio for my cats?
No. This chewable treatment has been approved for dogs only.
Does Simparica Trio provide effective protection against Lyme disease?
Simparica Trio effectively kills five types of ticks and hence it may also protect against various tick-borne diseases including Lyme disease.
For how long should I continue using Simparica Trio?
Simparica Trio is a preventative treatment and should be used year-round every month for continuous protection against fleas, ticks, worms, and heartworms.