Panacur Worming Granules for Cats
Panacur Worming Granules for Cats is a white or yellowish/white granular powder. This oral treatment is a broad spectrum wormer that treats roundworms, tapeworms and lung-worms in cats and kittens. It also has an ovicidal effect on nematode eggs. It is used to treat weaned kittens infected with gastrointestinal roundworms and protozoa (Giardia spp). These granules are virtually tasteless and can be easily mixed in the cat food. The good thing about this treatment is that it is mild and kind to the cats but lethal to worms.
How it works?
Fenbendazole is the active ingredient present in Panacur Worming Granules. It is an anthelmintic that is employed to manage acute and chronic stages of parasitic infection in pets. This active ingredient is effective against roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms and whipworms that can cause lots of diseases in animals. Fenbendazole obstructs the energy metabolism of the worms. The anthelmintic property in the component enables swift remedy to gastrointestinal and respiratory tract infections. Thus it aids in eliminating various types of worms in cats.
MSD Animal Health
- Weigh your cat properly before selecting the appropriate pack size for dosage.
- You may need to administer one or combination of sachets that matches the cat's bodyweight.
- The dose needs to be mixed in the pet's food.
- This treatment can be repeated if any natural re-infection with parasitic worms in cats occur.
- Routine treatment of adult cats for minimal exposure to infection needs to be done two to four times in a year.
- This treatment is currently available in the pack size of three sachets: 1 gram, 1.8 grams and 4.5 grams of granules.
Dosage and Administration
Practical Dosage Recommendations:
1 g sachet / dose treats 4.4 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose (2.4 lbs. - 4.4 lbs.)
1.8 g sachet / dose treats 8.8 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose (4.4 lbs. - 8.8 lbs.)
4.5 g sachet / dose treats 22 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose (11 lbs. - 22 lbs.)
For pets weighing over 22 lbs. additional sachets might be required according to the additional bodyweight.