Milbemax Worming Tablets For Dogs
Milbemax all wormer from the house of Novartis is a powerful dewormer. This broad spectrum anthelmintic oral tablet provides protection against all gastrointestinal worms that includes whipworms, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms. Apart from these parasites, Milbemax has a unique formula that makes it effective against heartworms if administered every month. Being an oral treatment, administration of this preventive is not messy. Monthly dose of Milbemax is safe for all breeds of canines including pregnant and lactating females.
How it works?
Milbemax worming tablet is composed using two main ingredients, Milbemycin oxime and praziquantel. Milbemycin Oxime disrupts the nerve transmission in internal parasites and kills them eventually. The other component Praziquantel targets tapeworms causing muscle spasms in them and are then attacked by the enzymes. All the internal pests are then removed from the pet’s system by the natural process.
Important Note: Novartis is now acquired by Elanco. So, the manufacturer’s name on product packs may vary according to the available stock.
Novartis / Elanco
- There are two packs available, one for small dogs (1-11 lbs) and other for large dogs weighing more than 11 lbs.
- Weigh your pooch and select the pack accordingly.
- Start treating young puppies at the age of two and continue every 2 weeks until he turns 12 week old.
- For constant protection against intestinal worms, continue treating with this tablet every 3 weeks after the age of 12 weeks.
- For added heartworm control, administer Milbemax every month.
- Follow the dosage guidelines mentioned in the instruction manual.
Milbemax Tablets for Small Dogs 0.5 to 5kg (11 lbs):
- Dog weight 0.5 to 1kg (2.2 lbs) - 1/2 tablet
- Dog weight 1 to 5kg (11 lbs) - 1 tablet
Milbemax Tablets for Large Dogs 5 to 50kg (11 - 110 lbs):
- Dog weight 5 to 25kg (11 lbs - 55lbs)- 1 tablet
- Dog weight 25 to 50kg (55 lbs - 110 lbs) - 2 tablets.
- Dog weight over 50kg (110 lbs) - give a combination of tablets according to dogs weight consistent with minimum recommended dose.