Cazitel Plus for Dogs
Cazitel Plus from Zoetis is a pale yellow, pork flavored tablet that has been developed to treat whipworms, hookworms and tapeworms especially for dogs. The specialty of this oral treatment is there is no need for starvation before or after giving the tablet to the dog. This fast-acting treatment is effective on all ages and sizes of dogs. For effective results dogs need to be wormed every three months. The flavored tablets are loved by dogs due to its palatability. These tablets are individually or in the pack size of 104.
How it works?
Febantel, Pyrantel and Praziquantel are the three active ingredients present in this oral treatment. Febantel is an anthelmintic that works against hookworm infections in dogs. It has proven efficiency against Ancylostoma spp and Toxocara spp. Pyrantel is a nicotinic receptor that evokes spastic muscle paralysis in parasitic worms which results in their ultimate death. While praziquantel is an anthelmintic that is used for treatment of tapeworms and flukes. When all these three active ingredients are combined together it results in total destruction of whipworms, hookworms and tapeworms in dogs.
- Only for oral administration in dogs.
- It is recommended to weigh the dog and then select appropriate pack size.
- Give the tablet directly in the mouth of the dog or mix it in the dog food.
- Ensure that the dog completes the entire meal for effectiveness of the dose.
- No prior or after requirement for starvation for giving the oral tablet to dog.
- Consult your veterinarian if you want to increase the frequency of the dose or repeat the dose.
Cazitel Plus tablets for Small and Medium dogs 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Between half a kg and 2kg - Give a quarter of a tablet
- Between 3kg and 5kg - Give half a tablet
- Between 6kg and 10kg - Give one tablet
- Between 11kg and 15kg - Give one and a half tablets
- Between 16kg and 20kg - Give two tablets
- Between 21kg and 25kg - Give two and a half tablets
- Between 26kg and 30kg - Give three tablets
- Between 31kg and 35kg - Give three and a half tablets
- Between 36kg and 40kg - Give four tablets.
Above 40 kg administer 1 tablet per 10 kg