Cazitel Plus XL Tablets for Dogs
- Treatment ForIntestinal Worms
- Health BenefitsInternal Parasite Protection
- Product TypeTablet
- Parasites CoveredTapeworms, Hookworms, Whipworms
- Protects For3 Months
- Key IngredientsFebantel, Praziquantel, Pyrantel
Cazitel Plus for Dogs
Cazitel Plus from Zoetis is a pale yellow, pork flavored tablet that has been developed to treat whipworms, hookworms and tapeworms especially for dogs. The specialty of this oral treatment is there is no need for starvation before or after giving the tablet to the dog. This fast-acting treatment is effective on all ages and sizes of dogs. For effective results dogs need to be wormed every three months. The flavored tablets are loved by dogs due to its palatability. These tablets are individually or in the pack size of 104.
How it works?
Febantel, Pyrantel and Praziquantel are the three active ingredients present in this oral treatment. Febantel is an anthelmintic that works against hookworm infections in dogs. It has proven efficiency against Ancylostoma spp and Toxocara spp. Pyrantel is a nicotinic receptor that evokes spastic muscle paralysis in parasitic worms which results in their ultimate death. While praziquantel is an anthelmintic that is used for treatment of tapeworms and flukes. When all these three active ingredients are combined together it results in total destruction of whipworms, hookworms and tapeworms in dogs.
- Only for oral administration in dogs.
- It is recommended to weigh the dog and then select appropriate pack size.
- Give the tablet directly in the mouth of the dog or mix it in the dog food.
- Ensure that the dog completes the entire meal for effectiveness of the dose.
- No prior or after requirement for starvation for giving the oral tablet to dog.
- Consult your veterinarian if you want to increase the frequency of the dose or repeat the dose.
Cazitel Plus tablets for Small and Medium dogs 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Between half a kg and 2kg - Give a quarter of a tablet
- Between 3kg and 5kg - Give half a tablet
- Between 6kg and 10kg - Give one tablet
- Between 11kg and 15kg - Give one and a half tablets
- Between 16kg and 20kg - Give two tablets
- Between 21kg and 25kg - Give two and a half tablets
- Between 26kg and 30kg - Give three tablets
- Between 31kg and 35kg - Give three and a half tablets
- Between 36kg and 40kg - Give four tablets.
Above 40 kg administer 1 tablet per 10 kg
- After administering the treatment wash your hands properly with soap and water
- Discard unused waste material from the product as per the local requirements
- Do not allow children and other pets to get near the product
- Dogs have not been tested with this oral treatment during early pregnancy period. But it is advised not to give this product to dogs during the first four weeks of pregnancy.
- Ensure that pregnant dogs are not overdosed with the treatment
- Humans should not ingest this oral treatment. In case of accidental ingestion, consult with your doctor by providing the product leaflet
- Parasite resistance of any particular class of anthelmintic may develop following frequent, repeated use of an anthelmintic of that class
- This treatment is strictly for oral administration in dogs
- There is a minimal chance of gastrointestinal disorders like diarrhea and emesis after administering this treatment
- In case your dog is hypersensitive to the active ingredients present in the oral treatment then do not administer it on him
- The use of the treatment in conjunction with piperazine compounds is strictly not allowed
- Highly palatable in taste makes it easier to give to dogs
- Effective dewormer especially for dogs
- Effective against common types of intestinal worms like whipworms, hookworms, tapeworms and roundworms in dogs
- No prior or after requirement of starvation for giving the tablet
- Directly give the tablet through the mouth of the doggy or mix it in the dog food