Nexgard Spectra XSmall Dog 4.4-7.7 lbs Orange
Treatment ForFlea, Tick, Worm, Heartworm, Demodectic Mange, Sarcoptic Mange, Ear Mites
Health BenefitsExternal Parasite Protection, Internal Parasite Protection
Product TypeChewable Tablet
Parasites CoveredFlea, Tick, Heartworm, Hookworm, Roundworm
Protects For1 Month
Recommended ForPuppies from 8 weeks of age and older
Key IngredientsAfoxolaner, Milbemycin Oxime
Nexgard Spectra Flea, Tick and Worming for Extra Small Dogs
Today pet owners require instant gratification since they do not have the requisite time to look after their beloved pets. With the help of Nexgard Spectra oral chewables it becomes very easy and convenient for pet owners to serve this tablet. These tablets have accounted for 92.5% to 99.2% efficiency against both innate and experimental helminth infestations. These chews use the same technology as Nexgard chews which have returned high dog owner satisfaction in USA. The great thing about these tablets is that they can be given with or without food. These tablets are very well tolerated by puppies from 8 weeks of age, treated at 1x, 3x and (5x being the maximum dose). These tablets can be given to dogs between 2kg to 60kg. It has generally been observed that approximately 100% puppies carry roundworm eggs on their coat and a maximum of 70% of puppies are infected with Toxocara canis. A monthly dose of these chews breaks the Toxocara lifecycle. It protects dogs against flea and tick infestations. The clinically proven formulation is also effective in controlling flea tapeworm infestations by rapidly killing fleas. Nexgard Spectra is also used for the indications of demodectic mange, sarcoptic mange, and otodectic mange.
How it works?
These chews contain Afoxolaner and Milbemycin Oxime as the active ingredients. Afoxolaner contains a substance that assists in killing fleas and ticks by attacking the nervous system of the parasites. It commences working within a day of administration and kills 100% fleas. While Milbemycin Oxime is a broad spectrum antiparasitic that opens glutamate sensitive chloride channels in roundworms, hookworms and whipworms that leads to hyperpolarisation of their cells which results in blocking of signal transfer eventually killing them. The amalgamation of both these ingredients results in total abolition of fleas, ticks and worms.
Important Note: Merial is now acquired by Boehringer Ingelheim. So, the manufacturer’s name on product packs may vary according to the available stock.
NOTE: Pets with a history of seizure should only be treated after consulting a vet.Please consult your vet before buying this product.
Ingredients: Afoxolaner, Milbemycin Oxime
Manufacturer: Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
- Nexgard Spectra is available in the market with different packs according to the body weight of the dog
- Opt for the pack that is apt according to the weight of your pooch
- You can give the tablet directly by putting it in the mouth of the dog or mixing it in the food of the dog
- If you mix it in the dog ensure that your pet completes the entire meal
- Give this tablet to your dog on a monthly basis
- Children and pets should not be allowed to touch the chewable
- If your dog has any history of seizure or epilepsy consult your veterinarian before administrating the chewable to them
- In case of accidental ingestion, particularly in the case of children, seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet or the label to the physician.
- Keep tablets in the blister packs until required, and keep the blisters in the outer carton.
- Nexgard Spectra is not indicated for microfilariae clearance
- The chewable needs to be kept in a cool and dry place
- This product may cause gastrointestinal disturbances if ingested.
- This treatment is intended only to be strictly administered to dogs and no other animal species
- Wash hands after use.
- Do not administer this oral treatment to dogs that are allergic to beef
- If your dog is going through pregnancy stage or is lactating or breeding do not give this tablet to them
- If your pet is allergic to any of the ingredients present in this chew do not give it to them
Nexgard Spectra : Intestinal Worms & Heartworm Disease, Flea & Tick - Protection in 1 Chew
Nexgard Spectra is a tasty, beef-flavored chewable treatment for dogs that protects against both ectoparasites and endoparasites. It is an easy to use, all-spectrum oral formula suitable to use in eight weeks and older puppies and dogs.
External Parasites:The monthly chewable for dogs kills fleas, ticks, mites and controls flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
Internal Parasites:Nexgard Spectra tasty monthly chewable for dogs prevents heartworms, treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms.
Nexgard Spectra: Key Takeaways
- An exclusive chew that only treats fleas and ticks but also gastrointestinal nematodes in a single treatment
- Beef flavor which makes its taste highly palatable which makes dogs to crave for more
- Ideal for dogs 8 weeks of age and above and more than 2kg bodyweight
- Monthly dosage system makes the pet owners find it easier to remember the next dose
- Very easy to give to dogs
- 100% curative efficacy against Dirofilaria Immitis larvae
- Waterproof property makes dogs go immediately in water without the danger of the treatment being washed off