Interceptor for Dogs
- Interceptor FAQ
Treatment ForIntestinal Worm, Heartworm
Health BenefitsInternal Parasite Protection
Product TypeFlavored Tablet, Tablet
Parasites CoveredHeartworm, Hookworm, Roundworm, Whipworm
Protects For1 Month
Recommended ForPuppies 4 weeks of age and older
Key IngredientsMilbemycin Oxime
Interceptor Intestinal Worm & Heartworm Tablets for Dogs
Interceptor for dogs is a palatable, beef-flavored broad-spectrum formula that provides protection against multiple worms. This once-a-month treatment is indicated for use in four weeks and older puppies and dogs, weighing two pounds or more.
A single dose of Interceptor per month eliminates the tissue stage of heartworm larvae, thus preventing heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis. It also controls adult hookworms; removes and controls adult roundworms and whipworm infections. These small, tasty tablets make administration simple and easy and readily accepted by dogs of all breeds and sizes. It is safe to use on pregnant and breeding dogs.
Note: For protection against tapeworms along with heartworms, roundworms, hookworms and whipworms, use the upgraded version of Interceptor Flavor Tabs, i.e. Interceptor Plus (Interceptor Spectrum).
How Interceptor Works?
Interceptor Flavor Tab contains milbemycin oxime, a broad-spectrum parasiticide. It interferes with the parasite's neurotransmission, eliminating the tissue stage of heartworm larvae and adult stages of roundworms, hookworm, and whipworm infestations.
- Before commencing treatment with Interceptor, dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infections and heartworm-infected dogs should be treated to remove adult heartworms as per vet recommendations.
- Weigh your dog to choose the suitable dosage. The minimum recommended dosage of Interceptor is 0.23 mg milbemycin oxime per pound of body weight.
- Interceptor Flavor Tabs should be given orally, once every month, preferably on the same date of each month. Most dogs shall take the tablet willingly when offered.
Milbemycin Oxime Content Per Tablet
Dose Per Month
Interceptor for Very Small Dogs
Interceptor for Small Dogs
Interceptor for Medium Dogs
Interceptor for Large Dogs
51 – 100 lbs
For over 100lbs dogs, administer appropriate combination of Interceptor tablets
Please get your animal tested for heartworm infection before starting the treatment. A transient shock like reaction occurs in dogs infected with adult heartworms. Thus, testing and treating the dog for such infection is a must before starting Interceptor spectrum treatment.
Though it is highly safe still contact a vet if you find any unusual signs after administering the tablet.
- Keep away from pets and children
- Safe to use in over 75 different breeds of dogs
- Interceptor Flavor Tabs should be stored at room temperature, between 59° and 77°F (15-25°C).
- Infected dogs should be treated to remove adult heartworms and microfilariae prior to initiating treatment with Interceptor flavor tabs.
Some of the rare symptoms due to Interceptor are depression/lethargy, vomiting, ataxia, anorexia, diarrhea, convulsions, weakness and hypersalivation.
Interceptor: Key Takeaways
- Broad-spectrum worm treatment
- Palatable beef-flavored formula
- removes and control adult Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina (roundworms) and Trichuris vulpis (whipworm), hookworms infections
- Small-sized tablet makes administration easy
- Prevents heartworm disease
- Can be given with dog food
- Safe for pregnant and breeding dogs
What is Interceptor Flavor Tabs for dogs?
Interceptor is a tasty beef-flavored tablet that offers broad-spectrum protection to puppies and dogs. This formula provides monthly protection against multiple internal worms including heartworms.
What are the active ingredients in Interceptor Tablet for dogs?
Interceptor for dogs contains milbemycin oxime as its active ingredient.
What do Interceptor Flavor Tabs protect against?
Interceptor Flavor Tabs for dogs prevent heartworm disease. It also treats and controls gastrointestinal worms including roundworms, hookworms and whipworms.
From what age can dogs be treated with Interceptor?
Interceptor Flavor Tabs for dogs is indicated for use in four weeks and older puppies and dogs.
What should be the minimum weight of a dog to use Interceptor?
Interceptor should be used in puppies and dogs that weigh two pounds or more.
How quickly does Interceptor work on dogs?
Interceptor is a fast-acting broad-spectrum treatment. It starts working as soon as it is absorbed and reaches to dog's tissue fluids and bloodstream after administration.
Can Interceptor be given with food?
If the dog is not able to take the Interceptor tablet directly by mouth, it can be given with the dog food.
Is Interceptor safe for pregnant dogs?
Yes, Interceptor is safe for use in pregnant and breeding dogs.
What is the difference between Interceptor and Interceptor Plus (Interceptor Spectrum)?
Interceptor and Interceptor Plus (Interceptor Spectrum) are made by the same manufacturer, however both these treatments are made of different compositions. Interceptor contains only one ingredient, i.e. milbemycin oxime, whereas Interceptor Plus (Interceptor Spectrum) contains milbemycin oxime and praziquantel. Therefore, other than heartworms, roundworms, hookworms and whipworms, Interceptor Plus (Interceptor Spectrum) protects against tapeworm infestations too.