Bravecto Spot On for Cats
- Bravecto Spot On FAQ
- Treatment ForFlea & Tick
- Health BenefitsExternal Parasite Protection
- Product TypeTopical
- Parasites CoveredFleas, Ticks
- Protects For3 Months
- Recommended forCats and kittens older than 6 months of age
- Key IngredientsFluralaner
Bravecto Flea and Tick Treatment for Cats
Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats is used to treat fleas, flea infestations, and tick infestations (black-legged ticks, Asian longhorned ticks, and paralysis ticks) in cats. It can even be used as a part of the management of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD). It is accessible as a spot-on solution in a pipette for use on cats. The spot-on solution is available in different strengths for cats depending on their weight. This flea and tick preventative treatment kills fleas within half a day and ticks within 2 days of administration. With the help of this spot-on preventative treatment, veterinarians and cat owners now have another option available to fight fleas and ticks that irritate cats apart from the ones already there in the market.
How It Works??
Fluralaner is the active ingredient present in Bravecto Topical Solution. It works as an ectoparasiticide i.e.; it exterminates parasites that reside on the skin or in the fur of the kitty including fleas and ticks. But in order to be exposed to this active ingredient, these pesky parasites have to attach themselves to the cat's skin and start feeding on the cat's blood. Fluralaner kills fleas and ticks that have ingested the kitty's blood by acting on their nervous system. It blocks the normal movement of nervous system. This results in uncontrolled activity in the nervous system causing paralysis and death of fleas and ticks. The positive aspect of this active ingredient is that it kills fleas before they have the chance to lay eggs; and so it assists in reducing the contamination of the cat's environment.
NOTE: Pets with a history of seizure should only be treated after consulting a vet.Please consult your vet before buying this product.
- This topical treatment consists of new “Twist n'use” pipette design for easy application of the product
- First of all, remove the applicator package and hold it vertically
- Part the fur of the kitty from the center of the neck between the base of the skull and the shoulder blades
- Keep the tip of the applicator on the skin of the cat and then pour all the content of the treatment on the targeted skin at one spot
- Until the treated spot dries out completely do not allow children and other pets to get near the treated cat
- For optimal results, repeat the treatment every 3 months
- Ensure that children and other pets are kept away from the treated pet. They should not be allowed to even get near the product.
- Once you have administered this treatment on the kitty, wash your hands completely with soap and water
- Smoking, eating or drinking while administering this treatment is strictly prohibited
- Store the treatment at a room temperature between 15 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius
- Take the prior permission of your veterinarian before commencing this spot-on flea and tick preventative treatment
- In case your feline is sensitive to Fluralaner, do not administer this treatment on her
- This spot-on treatment is recommended to be administered only on cats and not on any other animal species
- This treatment is not recommended to be administered on sick or convalescing cats
Bravecto Spot On : Key Takeaways
- A perfect solution for kitties that are fussy eaters
- Aids in controlling Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD)
- Treats and controls black-legged ticks, Asian longhorned ticks and paralysis ticks
- At least 3 times more lasting than the conventional, monthly flea and tick preventative products
- Comes in new “Twist n'use” pipette design for easy application of the product
- Commences killing fleas and ticks within two hours of administration
- Kills adult fleas along with the entire life cycle
- One dose is enough to protect kitties from fleas and ticks for 3 full months
- Prevents flea egg development
- Prevents flea re-infestation
- Very fast reacting flea and tick preventative spot-on treatment
What is Bravecto Spot-On for Cats?
Bravecto Spot-On for Cats is a fast-acting, long-lasting topical flea and tick treatment for cats. This liquid composition is indicated for use in kittens and cats from 6 months of age, weighing 2.6 lbs or more.
Which parasites Bravecto Topical for Cats is effective against?
Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats kills adult fleas and is effective in the treatment and prevention of flea infestations. It treats and controls black-legged tick and Asian longhorned tick infestations for 12 weeks (3 months) and American dog tick infestations for 8 weeks (2 months).
How does Bravecto Spot-On work?
Bravecto Spot-On is composed of the active ingredient, fluralaner. After administration, this active ingredient reaches the tissue fluids under the cat's skin. It blocks the normal movement of nerve cells and interrupts neurotransmission resulting in the uncontrolled activity of their nervous system, causing paralysis and death of the parasites.
How long does Bravecto Spot-On last?
Bravecto Topical for cats is effective against fleas and black-legged ticks as well as Asian longhorned ticks for 12 weeks (3 months) and it is effective against American dog ticks for 8 weeks (2 months).
How quickly does Bravecto Spot-On kill fleas and ticks?
Bravecto Spot-On for cats kills all the fleas within 8 hours post-treatment and reduces the number of live fleas by more than 98% within 12 hours after the treatment for 3 months. It achieves more than 90% tick efficacy 48 hours after the infestation.
What all should I know about Bravecto Spot-On for Cats?
Before using Bravecto Spot-On for Cats, you should know the following:
- It is recommended for use in kittens and cats from 6 months of age and at least 2.6 lbs of body weight.
- This topical formula kills adult fleas and treats and prevents flea infestations for 12 weeks.
- The composition treats and controls black-legged tick and Asian longhorned tick infestations for 12 weeks and American dog tick infestations for 8 weeks.
- Depending upon the weight, Bravecto Topical for Cats comes in 3 different pack sizes.
- The effectiveness of Bravecto Spot-On has not yet been evaluated in pregnant, breeding and lactating felines.
- It is necessary to consult with a vet before using Bravecto Spot-On treatment on cats with a history of seizures or other neurologic disorders.
What all needs to be discussed with a vet about Bravecto Spot-On for Cats?
It is imperative to tell your veterinarian the exact age, and history of your cat’s neurologic illnesses, if any, and whether your cat is in special (pregnant, breeding or lactating) condition. The decision to administer Bravecto Topical on your cat will depend on the information you provide to your vet.
What if I miss a dose of Bravecto?
If you miss dosing your cat with Bravecto, give a dose as soon as you recollect dosing and then continue with the dosing schedule.
What if I overdose my cats with Bravecto?
In the case of overdose, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Are there any other treatments that affect the use of Bravecto?
As of now, there are no known contraindications for the use of Bravecto Topical for Cats concurrently with other treatments such as vaccines, antibiotics, anthelmintic, etc.
What happens if a cat receives a subsequent dose earlier than 12 weeks?
Bravecto comes with wide safety margins. Bravecto does not cause adverse reactions if cats accidentally receive two times the indicated dosage within 12 weeks.
Is Bravecto safe for pregnant, breeding or lactating cats?
The safe use of Bravecto Spot-On has not been evaluated in breeding, pregnant or lactating cats.
Is Bravecto Spot-On safe for cats?
Bravecto Spot-On for Cats is safe for kittens and cats from 6 months of age, weighing 2.6 lbs or more. The safety of Bravecto Topical has not been evaluated in pregnant, breeding and lactating cats.