Milprazon Worming Chewable for Dogs
Milprazon Chewable Tablets for Dogs and Puppies – Gastro-intestinal Worming Treatment
Milprazon is a broad-spectrum wormer for dogs and puppies. It is effective against various major gastro-intestinal worms. It is a combination of two active ingredients, milbemycin oxime and prazoquantel that provide protection against immature and adult stages of roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and tapeworms. Moreover, it can also be used for the prevention of heartworm disease and lungworm. This potent oral tablet has been formulated in a highly palatable flavored tablet form for an easy administration.
Being a flavored oral treatment, dosing of this preventive is much easier and widely accepted by most dogs and puppies. These potent flavored worming tables are safe and effective to be used in pregnant, lactating and breeding dogs 2 weeks of age and weighing 0.5 kg (1.1 lbs) or more.
How does it work?
Milprazon is formulated with two active ingredients; Milbemycin oxime and Praziquantel.
The activity of milbemycin is related to its action on invertebrate neurotransmission. It increases nematode and insect membrane permeability to chloride ions via glutamate-gated chloride ion channels. This leads to hyper-polarization of the neuromuscular membrane and flaccid paralysis and death of the parasite.
Praziquantel is an acylated pyrazino-isoquinoline derivative. It modifies the permeability for calcium in the membranes of the parasite inducing an imbalance in the membrane structures, leading to membrane depolarization and almost instantaneous contraction of the musculature, resulting in easier expulsion from the gastrointestinal tract or death of the parasite.
Know more: As Milprazon Chewable Tablets and Milbemax Worming Tablets contain the same ingredients (milbemycin oxime and praziquantel) in exactly the same strength, both can be considered as a similar product.
Milbemycin oxime, praziquantel
- Weigh your dog to ensure appropriate dosing
- Please refer to the dosage table before administering the tablet
- The tablet should be given in a single dose
- You can either mix it with food or administer it directly into mouth after meals
Milprazon Chewable Tablets for Puppies up to 11 lbs (5kg):
- Dog weight 0.5 to 1kg (1.1- 2.2 lbs) - 1/2 tablet
- Dog weight 1 to 5kg (2.2- 11 lbs) - 1 tablet
Milprazon Chewable Tablets for Dogs over 11 lbs (5kg)
- Dog weight 5 to 25kg (11 lbs - 55lbs) - 1 tablet
- Dog weight 25 to 50kg (55 lbs - 110 lbs) - 2 tablets
- Dog weight 50 to 75kg (110 lbs-165lbs) – 3 tablets
Minimum recommended dose rate: 0.5 mg of milbemycin oxime and 5 mg of praziquantel per kg are given once orally.
- For animal treatment only
- Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- Multi-parasitic wormer for gastro-intestinal worms and infections
- Treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and tapeworms
- Prevention and control against heartworm disease and lungworms
- Formulated in a highly palatable flavored tablet for easy administration
- Safe and suitable for pregnant, lactating and breeding dogs