Panacur Worming Paste for Cats and Dogs
Treatment ForIntestinal Worm
Health BenefitsInternal Parasite Protection
Product TypeOral, Paste
Parasites CoveredFlea, Tick, Worm, Heartworm
Parasites CoveredTreats and Controls Roundworm, Tapeworm and Lungworm
Recommended ForDogs and Cats of All Life Stages
Panacur Worming Paste for Cats & Dogs
Panacur Worming Paste is a broad spectrum wormer for the treatment of roundworms and tapeworms in dogs, cats, puppies and kittens. It is also utilized to control lungworm in dogs and cats. It comes in the packaging of 5 g syringes of oral paste. It treats domestic dogs and cats infected with immature and mature stages of nematodes of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts. It also has an ovicidal effect on nematode eggs. It aids in the treatment of adult dogs and cats with the following gastrointestinal nematodes and cestodes:
- Ascarid spp (Toxocara canis, Toxocara cati and Toxascaris leonina)
- Ancylostoma spp
- Trichuris spp
- Uncinaria spp
- Taenia spp
It also treats puppies and kittens infected with gastrointestinal nematodes and puppies infected with protozoa (Giardia spp). It also aids in the treatment of dogs infected with lungworm Oslerus (Filaroides) osleri or protozoa of Giardia spp. and cats infected with lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus.
How it works?
Panacur Worming Paste contains Fenbendazole as an active ingredient that assists in effectively managing acute and chronic stages of parasitic infections in pets. It stops the energy metabolism of the worms which assists in curing the gastrointestinal and respiratory tract infections. It is highly effective deworming treatment for dogs, cats, puppies and kittens.
This is an oral treatment that needs to be given orally by compressing the paste from the syringe on the back of the tongue after feeding.
For Adult Dogs and Cats:
Orally administer 2 syringe gradations per 2.20 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose which equals to 100 mg Fenbendazole/kg bodyweight.
Each 5 g syringe is sufficient to dose up to 19.84 lbs. as a single dose.
Practical dosage recommendations:
0 to 2.2 lbs. 2 syringe graduations
2.3 to 4.4 lbs. 4 syringe graduations
4.5 to 6.6 lbs. 6 syringe graduations
6.7 to 8.8 lbs. 8 syringe graduations
8.9 to 11.0 lbs. 10 syringe graduations
11.1 to 13.2 lbs. 12 syringe graduations
13.3 to 15.4 lbs. 14 syringe graduations
15.5 to 17.6 lbs. 16 syringe graduations
17.6 to 19.8 lbs. 18 syringe graduations
The treatment needs to be repeated when natural reinfection with parasitic worms occurs. Routine treatment of adult animals with minimal exposure to infection is advisable 2 to 4 times a year. More frequent treatment at 6 to 8 weekly intervals is advisable for dogs in kennels and cats in catteries or on breeder's premises.
For Puppies and Kittens Under 6 Months of Age
Orally administer 1 syringe graduation per 2.20 lbs. bodyweight on a daily basis for 3 consecutive days. That means 50 mg Fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily for 3 consecutive days. Each 5 gram syringe is sufficient to dose up to 13.23 lbs. for 3 consecutive days.
Practical dosage recommendations:
Up to 2.2 lbs. 1 syringe graduation daily for 3 days
2.3 to 4.4 lbs. 2 syringe graduations daily for 3 days
4.5 to 6.6 lbs. 3 syringe graduations daily for 3 days
6.7 to 8.8 lbs. 4 syringe graduations daily for 3 days
8.9 to 11.0 lbs. 5 syringe graduations daily for 3 days
11.1 to 13.2 lbs. 6 syringe graduations daily for 3 days
Puppies need to be treated at 2 weeks of age, 5 weeks of age and again before leaving the breeder's premises. Treatment may also be required at 8 and 12 weeks of age. Thereafter, frequency of the treatment can be reduced unless the pups remain in the kennels and kitties in catteries or on breeder's premises where re-infection occurs more readily.
- After administering this treatment on the pet wash your hands properly with soap and water
- Children and other pets should be kept away from the product
- Select the appropriate product pack size after weighing the pet properly
- The empty pipettes of the product needs to be thrown in the household waste
- The syringe needs to be kept in the outer carton
- The product needs to kept at a room temperature of below 25 degrees Celsius
- The product should have minimal contact with the pet's skin
- This product should not be administered on human beings
- While administering this treatment wear impermeable rubber gloves for safety reasons
- Treats and controls adult and immature roundworms of the gastrointestinal tract in dogs and cats
- Safe to be administered on pregnant bitches and queens
- Recommended for all ages of dogs and cats
- Treats dogs infected with lungworm Oslerus (Filaroides) osleri or protozoa of Giardia spp and cats infected with lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus
- Simple to use
- Has an ovicidal effect on nematode eggs
- Dogs and cats infected with gastrointestinal roundworms and tapeworms are treated
- Treats weaned puppies and kittens infected with gastrointestinal roundworms and puppies infected with protozoa (Giardia spp.)