Eqvalan Duo 7.74 gm
Health BenefitsInternal Parasite Protection
Parasites CoveredHairworms, Pinworms, Roundworms, Intestinal Threadworms, Large-Mouth Stomach Worms, Lungworms, Cutaneous Onchocerciasis
Protects For2 Months
Recommended ForFoals above 6 Weeks and Older
Key IngredientsIvermectin, Praziquantel
Eqvalan Duo for Horses
Eqvalan Duo is a multi-spectrum wormer, which is a powerful paste that helps to treat mixed cestode and nematode or arthropod infestation in horses. It also helps to control and eliminate the hairworms, pinworms, roundworms, intestinal threadworms, large-mouth stomach worms, lungworms, cutaneous onchocerciasis, and large and small strongyles in horses. This treatment should be given to foals initially at 6 to 8 weeks of age and then every 8 weeks till they are 18 months of age. The older horses need to be treated every 8 to 10 weeks. It is suitable for pregnant mares and young foals.
How does it work?
Eqvalan Duo contains two potent active ingredients that are Ivermectin and Praziquantel. They are highly efficacious in eliminating various parasites by destroying their nerve cells. With the antiparasitic effects, Eqvalan Duo kills all the major worms and protects horses from harmful infestation.
Important Note: Merial is now acquired by Boehringer Ingelheim. So, the manufacturer’s name on product packs may vary according to the available stock.
- Administer Orally.
- Make sure the horse’s mouth contains no feed.
- While holding the plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger ¼ turn to the left and slide it so the stop ring is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by turning it ¼ turn to the right in order to bring the two arrows, the one visible on the ring and the one on the plunger rod, into alignment.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the horse’s mouth at the interdental space and deposit the paste on the base of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing and ensure that the paste is consumed.
- The recommended dose is 1.29g of paste per 100kg bodyweight in a single treatment.
- Bodyweight and dosage should be accurately determined prior to treatment. The contents of one syringe will treat horses up to 600kg.
- Calibrated markings are provided at 100kg bodyweight intervals.
- The syringe should be adjusted to the calculated dosage by setting the ring on the appropriate place on the plunger. Parasite control program Veterinary advice should be sought on appropriate dosing programs and stock management to achieve adequate parasite control for both tapeworm and roundworm infestations.
- Treatment for horses only
- Keep away your kids and other animals
- Do not eat, smoke or drink while handling the product
- Do not use in mares producing milk for human consumption
- Store in a cool and dry place
- Wash hands after use
- Kills various intestinal worms
- Prevents from the infestation of internal parasites
- Controls bots in horses
- Highly effective on tapeworms