Treatment ForInternal Parasite Protection
Health BenefitsTreats and Controls Roundworm, Tapeworm and Mixed Infections (Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina,Dipylidium caninum, Taenia taeniaeformis, Echinococcus multilocularis)
Product TypeOral, Flavored Tablet
Protects For3 Months
Recommended ForCats 6 weeks of age and older
Key IngredientsPraziquantel, Pyrantel Embonate
Cazitel for Cats
Cazitel for Cats from Zoetis are meat-flavored worming tablets that have been specially developed for cats to treat mixed infections caused by the following gastrointestinal roundworms and tapeworms:
- Toxocara cati
- Toxascaris leonina
- Dipylidium caninum
- Taenia taeniaeformis
- Echinococcus multilocularis
This treatment is recommended for cats and kittens from 6 weeks of age. A single dose of the treatment is enough to assist in treating wide array of intestinal worms in cats. This treatment needs to be given to the cat every three months for best results. Due to the grilled-meat flavor these tablets are highly palatable in taste for your kitty and very easy to feed. This treatment is also suitable for lactating cats.
How it works?
Praziquantel and pyrantel embonate are the two active ingredients present in Cazitel. Praziquantel is an anthelmintic agent that aids in treating tapeworm, schitosomal and fluke infections. It increases the permeability of the membranes of schistosome cells towards calcium ions. It thereby induces contraction of the parasites resulting in paralysis in the contracted state. The dying parasites are dislodged from the cat's site of action.
While pyrantel embonate is a deworming agent that aids in the treatment of hookworms and roundworms in cats. It acts as a depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agent thereby resulting in sudden contraction followed by paralysis. This causes worms to loose grip on the intestinal walls and are passed out of the cat's system through the natural process. Since pyrantel embonate is poorly absorbed by the cat's intestine, the cat is unaffected by the small dose of the treatment employed. The combination of both these active ingredients result in total abolishment of roundworms and tapeworms from the body of the cat.
Ingredients: Praziquantel, Pyrantel Embonate
- This treatment is intended for single oral administration only.
- Tablets can be divided into equal halves to aid in precise dosing.
- The tablet should be given directly to the kitty but if necessary can be disguised in food.
- To ensure administration of correct dose, weight the cat precisely and then select the appropriate pack size according to her weight.
- Especially in kittens, if there is an Ascarid infestation, complete elimination cannot be expected. So, a risk of infection to humans exist. Therefore, there would be a need for repeat treatment with a suitable roundworm product at 14 days interval till 2 to 3 weeks after the weaning period.
- Cats weighing 2.2-4.4 lbs = 0.5 tablet
- Cats weighing 4.4-8.8 lbs = 1 tablet
- Cats weighing 8.8-13.2 lbs = 1.5 tablets
- Cats weighing 13.2-18.6 lbs = 2 tablets
- After administering the treatment wash your hands properly with soap and water
- If there is any unused half tablets discard them immediately
- Keep this treatment away from the reach of children and other pets
- Never eat, smoke or drink while giving this oral treatment to the cat
- Parasite resistivity to any particular class of anthelmintic may germinate following frequent, recurrent use of an parasiticidal of that class
- This oral tablet should not be given to pregnant cats
- This treatment is not intended for human ingestion. In case of accidental ingestion, seek medical advice and show the package leaflet to the physician
- This treatment is only intended for animal use
- After doses higher than 5 times the recommended dose, signs of intolerance such as vomiting have been observed
- If your cat is hypersensitive to any of the active ingredients or excipients present in the product then do not administer this treatment to her
- Not recommended for kittens younger than 6 weeks of age
- This treatment should not be used in conjunction with piperazine compounds
- Can be given directly or hidden in food
- Controls the shedding of oocysts of the protozoan Giardia sp.
- For the treatment of roundworms and tapeworms in cats and kittens
- Recommended for kittens from 6 weeks of age
- Suitable for lactating cats
- Tablets can be divided into half for more accurate dosing
- Very easy to administer due to highly palatable taste of grilled-meat flavor present in the tablet