Panacur Worming Granules for Dogs
Panacur Worming Granules for Dogs is a white or yellowish/white granular powder. The oral treatment is a broad spectrum wormer that treats roundworms, tapeworms and lung-worms in dogs and puppies. It also has an ovicidal effect on nematode eggs. It is used to treat weaned puppies and kittens infected with gastrointestinal roundworms and protozoa (Giardia spp). The oral treatment is also suitable for the treatment of pregnant dogs to reduce prenatal infections of roundworms. These granules are virtually tasteless and can be easily mixed in the dog food.It is mild and kind to the dogs but lethal to worms.
How it works?
Fenbendazole is the active ingredient present in Panacur Worming Granules. It is an anthelmintic that is employed to manage acute and chronic stages of parasitic infection in pets. The active ingredient is effective against roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms and whipworms that can cause lots of diseases in animals. Fenbendazole obstructs the energy metabolism of the worms. The anthelmintic property in the component enables swift remedy to gastrointestinal and respiratory tract infections. Thus it aids in eliminating various types of worms in dogs.
MSD Animal Health
- Weigh your dog properly before selecting the appropriate pack size for dosage.
- You may need to administer one or combination of sachets that matches the dog's bodyweight.
- The dose needs to be mixed in the pet's food.
- This treatment can be repeated if any natural re-infection with parasitic worms in dogs occur.
- Routine treatment of adult dogs for minimal exposure to infection needs to be done two to four times in a year.
- In case your doggy lives in a kennel, a more frequent treatment needs to be given at an interval of six to eight weeks.
- It is currently available in the pack size of three sachets: 1 gram, 1.8 grams and 4.5 grams of granules.
Dosage and Administration
Practical Dosage Recommendations:
1 g sachet / dose treats 4.4 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose (2.4 lbs. - 4.4 lbs.)
1.8 g sachet / dose treats 8.8 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose (4.4 lbs. - 8.8 lbs.)
4.5 g sachet / dose treats 22 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose (11 lbs. - 22 lbs.)
For dogs weighing over 22 lbs. additional sachets might be required according to the additional bodyweight.