Panacur Oral Suspension for Cats and Dogs
Panacur Oral Suspension is an easy to administer oral anthelmintic for both dogs and cats including unweaned puppies and kittens from two weeks of age. It is effective against roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms including toxocara, toxascaris, anyclostma, trichuris, uncinaria, taenia species and giardia infections in dogs, and lungworm in both cats and dogs. This treatment is safe to be given to pregnant bitches. It comes in a white oral suspension form. It can be dosed into the mouth or mixed in the food of the pet. It is extremely useful for large litters and daily dosing of pregnant bitches. It can even be used to reduce renatal infections with Toxocara canis and the transfer of T. canis and Ancylostoma caninum to the pups via the milk. This oral suspension is also used for treating dogs infected with lungworm Oslerus (Filaroides) osleri or protozoa Giardia spp. and cats infected with lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus.
How it works?
Fenbendazole is the active ingredient present in Panacur Oral Suspension. It is a broad spectrum benzimidazole anthelmintic that is utilized against gastrointestinal parasites encompassing giardia, roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, then Taenia genus of tapeworms but is not effective against Dipylidium caninum, a common dog tapeworm. It works by depriving the worms from absorbing glucose. This results in abolishment of the worms without any apparent side effects to the pets. This active ingredient is extremely safe for dogs and cats. Hence, there is no need to worry about giving a large dose to puppies and kittens that can harm them.
MSD Animal Health
- Weigh the pet properly before selecting the appropriate size of the product. This is the first step to ensure proper dosing.
- Blend suspension with the pet's food. Make sure that the pet eats the entire meal for proper dosing.
- This treatment needs to be given with normal meal that would assist in absorbing the suspension.
1 ml per 2.2 lbs. bodyweight as a single oral dose which equals to 100 mg Fenbendazole/lbs. bodyweight.
Practical dosage recommendations:
4.4 to 8.8 lbs. 4 ml dosage
8.8 to 17.6 lbs. 8 ml dosage
17.6 to 35.3 lbs. 16 ml dosage
35.3 to 52.9 lbs. 24 ml dosage
52.9 to 70.5 lbs. 32 ml dosage
70.5 to 140.0 lbs. 64 ml dosage
For dogs weighing over 140 lbs. an extra ml is required for each additional 2.2 lbs. bodyweight.
- Before purchasing the product weight your pet to opt for appropriate pack size
- Keep the product at a room temperature of below 25 degrees Celsius in a place where there is no exposure to direct sunlight
- Never allow children and other pets to get near the product
- Safe to be administered on pregnant pets
- The pet's skin should have minimal direct contact with the product
- This product is not for pets younger than 2 weeks of age
- Throw the empty pipettes of the product in garbage
- Wear impermeable rubber gloves while administering this treatment
- You should wash your hands properly with soap and water after administering the treatment
No contraindications found
- Easy to administer
- Provides an ovicidal effect on nematode eggs
- Reduces prenatal infections with Toxocara canis and the transfer of T.canis and Ancylostoma caninum to their pups via the milk in pregnant dogs
- Recommended for domestic dogs, cats, puppies and kittens
- This treatment can be added in the pet's food
- Treats Giardia and lungworm infections
- Treats mature and immature stages of roundworms of the gastrointestinal tract in dogs and cats
- Treats puppies and kittens infected with gastrointestinal nematodes
- Treats puppies infected with protozoa (Giardia spp.)