National Pet Month 15% Extra Off On All Orders
Get 10% Discount on Everything Use Coupon : SUMROFF
Auto Delivery & Save More Get 5% Off Extra*
Heartgard Plus for Dogs
Health BenefitsInternal Parasite Protection
Product TypeChewable Tablet
Parasites CoveredHeartworms, Intestinal worms
Protects ForOne month
Recommended For6 weeks and older puppies
Key IngredientsIvermectin, Pyrantel Pamoate
Heartgard Plus Heartworm Prevention Chewable for Dogs
Heartgard Plus is a vet recommended heartworm preventive. This popular monthly treatment controls heartworm infection and provides total protection against heartworm disease to dogs. The tasty flavored chew is effective in eliminating hookworm and roundworm from dog’s system. It helps safeguard canines from harmful heartworm disease and intestinal infection. The oral treatment is safe for stud dogs, pregnant, breeding and lactating dogs.
Heartgard Plus is suitable for puppies 6 weeks of age and above.
How Heartgard Plus works?
Heartgard Plus is developed with two major ingredients - Ivermectin and pyrantel. Ivermectin is effective in treating immature form of heartworms. It controls the onset of heartworm disease. The other ingredient pyrantel treats and prevents intestinal worms – roundworms and hookworms in dogs. The two ingredients kill parasites through spastic muscle paralysis and protect dogs from parasitic danger.
Nuheart : Generic - Heartgard for Dogs
Nuheart is the generic version of Heartgard. It is a well-known heartworm preventive for dogs. The oral monthly treatment offers three-way delivery system. Nuheart has the same ingredients as Heartgard therefore it is as effective as the branded heartworm preventive. The meat flavored heartwormer contains Ivermectin – the same ingredient is present in Heartgard. The monthly treatment prevents heartworms and protect dogs against heartworm infection. The small in size flavored tablet is easy to administer and is highly palatable.
Nuheart is safe for puppies as young as 6 weeks of age.
Important Note: Merial is now acquired by Boehringer Ingelheim. So, the manufacturer’s name on product packs may vary according to the available stock.
Heartgard Plus contains two drugs: Ivermectin(causes paralysis and death of heartworm larvae) and Pyrantel Pamoate (causes paralysis and death of intestinal worms such as hookworms and roundworms). Heartgard Plus is available in packs of 6 and 12 chewables.
Nuheart Ingredient: Ivermectin
Heartgard Plus tablets are chewable, so very easy to administer. Just offer one tablet every month by hand (whole or broken) or alternatively mix it with the dog food. Only make sure your dog chews the tablet and does not swallow it.
- Get your dog tested for heartworm disease before starting heartworm prevention program.
- Should be administered monthly on the same date each month. If you miss a dose by several days, resume a monthly dosing schedule from a fresh date.
- Do not use on puppies less than 6 weeks of age.
- Some dogs, especially Collies and other herding breeds are more sensitive to ivermectin if given an overdose.
- Side effects are rare but may include vomiting, diarrhea and drooling, especially in case of overdose. Consult your vet if signs persist.
Caution:Collies including Border Collies and other breeds are sensitive to Ivermectin. Please consult your vet before giving this treatment or look for alternatives to Ivermectin for the treatment of parasites.
- An effective heartworm treatment for multiple parasites
- Prevents heartworm disease in dogs
- Treats and controls intestinal worms including hookworms and roundworms
- Palatable tablet easy to administer
- Once a month treatment