What is Advantage Multi(Advocate)?
Advantage Multi, also known as Advocate is one of the most sought after treatments from the house of Bayer. Advantage Multi kills and controls fleas, heartworms, gastrointestinal worms (hookworm, roundworm and whipworm), sarcoptic mange, demodicosis, and ear mite infestation in canines. This topical solution is easy to apply and tested safe for adult canines and puppies older than 7 weeks of age. This powerful parasitic preventive works against internal and external pests for an entire month. Using Advantage multi ensures safety from the unhealthy infestations irrespective of the dog’s breed.
How it works?
Advantage Multi (Advocate) is composed using two key ingredients, Imidacloprid and Moxidectin. These ingredients destroy internal and external parasites by targeting their neural transmission. They dismantle the invertebrate nerve and muscle cells by attacking the central nervous system. These actions cause paralysis and eventually kill the pests. Almost 98-100% fleas are killed within 12 hours of this treatment’s application.
- Dogs aging less than 7 weeks are not to be treated with Advantage Multi.
- Do not treat canines allergic to the contents of this spot-on.
- Treat your pet in an isolated space.
- Keep the pack away from children and pets.
- Do not smoke, drink or chew gum while treating your pet.
- Clean your hands before and after application.
- Don’t let your pet lick the application site.
- Bathe your pet only after 48 hours of treatment.
- Follow the dosage instructions mentioned in the manual.
- Do not treat pregnant, sick, weak, lactating and breeding pets without consulting your vet.
Warning:Dogs of some breeds like collies including border collies are sensitive to moxidectin. They can suffer more or less serious adverse effects if treated at dose rates slightly higher than the recommended ones. Consequently, dosing must be as accurate as possible.