Health BenefitsWorms and Bots
Parasites CoveredAscarids, Hairworms, Intestinal threadworms, Lungworms
Recommended ForHorses older than 2 Weeks and above
Bimectin Horse Wormer Paste
Bimectin is an apple flavored anthelmintic and boticide that controls pinworms, large mouth stomach worms, intestinal threadworms, large and small strongyles, ascarids, bots and lung-worms. This treatment is safe to be administered in pregnant mares, breeding stallions and foals. Some of the nematode or arthropod infestations treated by Bimectin include:
- Ascarids (adults and third & fourth stage larvae)
- Hairworms (adults)
- Intestinal threadworms (adults)
- Large-mouth stomach worms (adults)
- Large strongyles
- Lungworms (adult and immature)
- Neck threadworms (microfilaria)
- Pinworms (adult and immature)
- Small strongyles
- Stomach bots (oral and gastric stages)
How it works?
Ivermectin is the active ingredient present in Bimectin. It effectively kills a wide array of worms in horses thereby eliminating them. It even treats and controls worm infection in horses. Thus, it ensures that the horses are free from all major types of worms and bots.
- This treatment needs to be administered orally.
- Unlock the knurled ring by making ¼ turn and slide the knurled ring up the plunger shaft so that the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Turn the knurled ring ¼ turn to lock in place.
- Ensure that the mouth of the horse does not contain any feed.
- Remove the plastic cap from the tip of the nozzle.
- Insert the syringe into the mouth of the horse at the inter-dental space.
- Advance the plunger as far as it will go, depositing the treatment on the base of the tongue promptly.
- Raise the head of the horse for a few seconds after dosing.
- Read the instructions given on the product label before using.
- After administering the treatment wash your hands with soap and water.
- Do not administer the treatment on horses that are meant for human consumption.
- Ensure that there is no direct contact of the treatment with the eyes and skin of the horse. In case of accidental exposure, wash the eyes and skin in rinsed water.
- For lactating female horses, it is prudent not to feed very young animals with milk obtained from the mother.
- Ivermectin is extremely dangerous to fish and aquatic life treated animals. Hence, there should not be direct access to surface waters and ditches during treatment.
- Never eat, smoke or drink while administering the product.
- No apparent side effects found on pregnant mares and breeding stallions.
- This product has been formulated to be administered in horses only and no other animal species.
- This product needs to be stored at a room temperature between 20 to 25 degrees Celsius.
- A proven anthelmintic and boticide
- An oral paste for horses that is very easy to administer since it comes in a syringe form
- Apple flavored for exceptional palatability
- Provides protection against different parasites and bots
- Safe for horses of all ages, including mares at any stage of pregnancy