Panacur Oral Suspension for Dogs
PetDog and Cat
Health BenefitsInternal Parasites Protection
Product TypeOral Suspension
Parasites CoveredRoundworms, Hookworms, Tapeworms
Protects For3 Months
Recommended ForPuppies and KIttnes Older than 2 Weeks
Panacur Oral Suspension for Dogs and Cats
Panacur Oral Suspension is an oral worming treatment for both dogs and cats including unweaned puppies and kittens from two weeks of age. This broad-spectrum wormer is effective against roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms, and lungworms in both cats and dogs. It has ovicidal properties, so it also kills nematode eggs. It can even be used to reduce prenatal infections with Toxocara canis and the transfer of T. canis and Ancylostoma caninum to the pups via milk. This oral suspension is infections of with lungworm Oslerus (Filaroides) osleri or protozoa Giardia spp. in dogs and lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus infections in cats.
Panacur 10% Oral Suspension comes in an easy to dose, white oral suspension form. It can be dosed into the mouth or mixed in your pooch’s food. It is extremely useful for large litters and daily dosing of pregnant bitches when given as per the correct dosage.
How Panacur Oral Suspension works?
Fenbendazole is the active ingredient present in Panacur 10% Oral Suspension. It is a broad spectrum benzimidazole anthelmintic that acts against mature and immature stages of nematodes of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts. It works by depriving the worms from absorbing glucose. This results in the abolishment of the worms without any apparent side effects on the pets. Fenbendazole is extremely safe for dogs and cats. Hence, Panacur Oral Suspension is safe and no specific overdose symptoms are known.
- Weigh the pet properly before selecting the appropriate size of the product. This is the first step to ensuring proper dosing.
- Shake the container properly. Dose the suspension directly into the mouth or blend it with the pet's food. Make sure that the pet eats the entire meal for proper dosing
- Mixing the treatment with your pet’s food would assist in absorbing the suspension.
- 1ml per 8.8lbs bodyweight from day 40 of pregnancy continuously to 2 days post-whelping (approximately 25 days) which equals to 25 mg Fenbendazole/lbs. bodyweight daily.
- For dogs weighing over 88 lbs. extra 1ml is required for each additional 8.8 lbs. bodyweight.
Practical dosage recommendations:
8.8 lbs. - 1 ml daily for roughly 25 days
17.6 lbs. - 2 ml daily for roughly 25 days
26.5 lbs. - 3 ml daily for roughly 25 days
44.1 lbs. - 5 ml daily for roughly 25 days
88.2 lbs. - 10 ml daily for roughly 25 days
- Before purchasing the product weight your pet to opt for appropriate pack size
- Keep the product at a room temperature of below 25 degrees Celsius in a place where there is no exposure to direct sunlight
- Never allow children and other pets to get near the product
- Safe to be administered on pregnant pets
- The pet's skin should have minimal direct contact with the product
- This product is not for pets younger than 2 weeks of age
- Throw the empty pipettes of the product in garbage
- Wear impermeable rubber gloves while administering this treatment
- You should wash your hands properly with soap and water after administering the treatment
No contraindications found
- Easy to administer
- Provides an ovicidal effect on nematode eggs
- Reduces prenatal infections with Toxocara canis and the transfer of T.canis and Ancylostoma caninum to their pups via the milk in pregnant dogs
- Recommended for domestic dogs, cats, puppies and kittens
- This treatment can be added in the pet's food
- Treats Giardia and lungworm infections
- Treats mature and immature stages of roundworms of the gastrointestinal tract in dogs and cats
- Treats puppies and kittens infected with gastrointestinal nematodes
- Treats puppies infected with protozoa (Giardia spp.)