Milprazon Worming Chewable for Cats
Milprazon Chewable Tablets for Small Cats and Kittens—Gastro-intestinal Worming Treatment
Milprazon is a multi-parasite wormer for cats and kittens. It is effective against various major gastro-intestinal worms. It is a combination of two active ingredients, milbemycin oxime and praziquantel that provide protection against immature and adult stages of roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms in cats and kittens. Moreover, it can also be used for the monthly prevention of heartworm disease.
The oral chewable tablet has been designed in an easy-to-swallow formulation with a highly palatable flavor. These potent flavored worming tables are safe and effective to be used in pregnant, lactating and breeding small cats and kittens 6 weeks of age and weighing 0.5 kg (1.1 lbs) or more.
How does it work?
Milprazon is formulated with two active ingredients; Milbemycin oxime and Praziquantel.
The activity of milbemycin is related to its action on invertebrate neurotransmission. It increases nematode and insect membrane permeability to chloride ions via glutamate-gated chloride ion channels. This leads to hyper-polarization of the neuromuscular membrane and flaccid paralysis and death of the parasite.
Praziquantel is an acylated pyrazino-isoquinoline derivative. It modifies the permeability for calcium in the membranes of the parasite inducing an imbalance in the membrane structures, leading to membrane depolarization and almost instantaneous contraction of the musculature, resulting in easier expulsion from the gastrointestinal tract or death of the parasite.
Know more: As Milprazon Chewable Tablets and Milbemax Worming Tablets contain the same ingredients (milbemycin oxime and praziquantel) in exactly the same strength, both can be considered as a similar product.
Milbemycin oxime, praziquantel
- Weigh your cat to ensure appropriate dosing
- Please refer to the below given dosage info or pack label for administration
- The tablet should be given in a single dose
- You can either mix it with food or administer it orally after meals
Milprazon Chewable Tablets for Small Cats and Kittens up to 4.4 lbs (2kg):
- Cat weight 0.5 to 1kg (1.1- 2.2 lbs) - 1/2 tablet
- Cat weight 1 to 2kg (2.2-4.4 lbs) - 1 tablet
Milprazon Chewable Tablets for Cats over 4.4 lbs (2kg)
- Cat weight 2 to 4kg (4.4- 8.8 lbs) – 1/2 tablet
- Cat weight 4 to 8kg (8.8-17.6 lbs) - 1 tablet
- Cat weight 8 to 12kg (17.6-26.4 lbs) – 1 ½ tablets
Minimum recommended dose rate: 2 mg of milbemycin oxime and 5 mg of praziquantel per kg are given once orally.
- For animal treatment only
- Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- Multi-parasitic wormer for gastro-intestinal worms and infections
- Treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms
- Prevention and control against heartworm disease
- Formulated in a highly palatable flavored tablet for easy administration
- Safe and suitable for pregnant, lactating and breeding cats