Stronghold for Cats
Stronghold – Broad Spectrum Flea Treatment for Cats
Stronghold is a powerful, monthly flea treatment which eliminates fleas and its other life forms from cats within 24-48 hours. It also successfully prevents and controls heartworm disease by killing microfilaria (juvenile heartworms) in the pet’s body. Stronghold is also a potent anthelmintic that eliminates adult roundworms and hookworms residing in the intestinal tract. The product effectively treats ear mites, biting lice and controls Flea Allergy Dermatitis as well. Moreover, it is safe for use in lactating, breeding or pregnant cats.
How It Works?
Stronghold contains an active ingredient Selamectin which is an antiparasitic chemical. Selamectin stimulates chloride channels present on the nerve and muscle cells of the parasite’s body. This disrupts the normal electrical transmission in the cells which in turn causes paralysis and death of the parasite.
The product distributes itself onto the cat’s skin and traverses into the bloodstream and intestines of the pet where it kills the intestinal roundworms and hookworms as well as the circulating microfilaria in the bloodstream. It then redistributes itself on the surface of the skin to kill the fleas, mites or lice that come in contact with the cat’s body. The transfer of Selamectin in the parasite as and when it bites the cat in turn leads to hyperactivity of the nerve cells which kills the parasite eventually.
- Select the pack according to the weight of your cat.
- Hold the pipette upright. Break open the seal by pressing the cap onto it.
- Make your cat stand in a comfortable position. Then part the fur at the base of the neck so the skin is visible.
- Now place the tip of the pipette on the visible skin and empty the entire content of the pipette.
- Do not massage the solution and avoid contact with your fingers.
- Do not bathe your cat until the solution is completely dry.
- Keep the product away from children and other pets.
- Do not let the animal to go near fire places as the product is inflammable.
- Store the product in a cool and dry place.
- Wash your hands after administering the product.
- Do not use the solution in cats that are less than 6 weeks of age.
- Do not use the product on sick or debilitated cats
- Do not use the product on cats that have seizure history.
- Removes flea eggs, larvae and adult fleas.
- Prevents recurrence of flea infestations.
- Prevents heartworm disease
- Treats roundworm and intestinal hookworm infection in cats.
- Eliminates ear mites and treats Sarcoptic mange
- Useful in treating biting lice
- Easy to use
- Affordable treatment