Prac-tic Spot On for Dogs
Treatment ForFlea and Tick
Health BenefitsExternal Parasites Protection
Parasites CoveredFleas and Ticks
Protects ForOne Month
Recommended ForDogs Older than 8 Weeks
Prac-tic Spot On for Dogs
Prac-tic Spot On Solution treats and prevents infestations with fleas and ticks. It provides a monthly flea and tick protection spot-on treatment recommended for puppies elder than 8 weeks of age and more than 4.4 lbs. It is a completely waterproof property that remains effective even when you take the dog in the rain or during swimming. You can even shampoo the pooch without worrying about the effect of the treatment to cease. It works to prevent tick infestation including: Ixodes ricinus, Rhipicephalus sanguineus, Ixodes scapularis, Dermacentor reticulatus, Dermacentor variabilis, Amblyomma americanum. The protection from ticks continue for a full month.
How it works?
Prac-tic consists of Pyriprole as an active ingredient. It is an insecticide and acaricide that acts by interacting with ligand-gated chloride channels, in particular those gated by the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), thereby blocking pre - and post-synaptic transfer of chloride ions across cell membranes. This results in uncontrolled activity of the central nervous system and death of fleas and ticks. The parasites get killed through contact rather than systematic exposure. It kills fleas within a day and ticks within 2 days of administration.
Important Note: Novartis is now acquired by Elanco. So, the manufacturer’s name on product packs may vary according to the available stock.
Manufacturer: Novartis / Elanco
- Remove the pipette from the pack
- Grasp it in an upright position
- Tap the slender part of the pipette to make sure that the contents are there within the body of it
- Break the top of the snap-off on the scored line
- Divide the coat of the dog's back between the shoulder blades in such a way that you can see the skin of the pet
- Keep the tip of the pipette on the skin and compress it smoothly several times till the entire content gets emptied.
- If it is a small dog, apply at a single spot. For medium and large dogs, administer at multiple spots thereby emptying the contents on the skin.
- For large dogs, apply 5 ml pipette to 2-3 spots from the back-line
- Never allow the doggy's hair to be wet as it can result in clogged appearance of the hair at the treated spot. But if it happens, don't worry as it will go away within 24 hours of its administration
- Children and other pets should not be allowed to get near this product
- Dispose off the used pipettes properly in a quick manner
- Ensure that the treatment does not get into the eyes of the dog. If by accident, it goes go in the eyes of the dog then wash the eyes of the dog with running water properly.
- If your doggy is sensitive to pyriprole do not administer this treatment on him
- Never administer this treatment while eating, drinking or eating
- Never bath or shampoo the dog for two days before administrating the treatment
- Read the manufacturer's instructions carefully before administering the treatment
- Store the product in a well-ventilated area with no exposure to direct sunlight
- Never apply this treatment on kitties as it can result in overdosing
- Not recommended for dogs younger than 8 weeks of age and bodyweight less than 4.4 lbs.
- Not to be administered on rabbits
- Only to be administered on dogs
- Sick or convalescing dogs should not be administered with this treatment
- The reaction of the treatment on breeding dogs, during pregnancy or undergoing lactation periods has not been evaluated
- This treatment should not be administered on dogs that are hypersensitive to pyriprole
- Destroys new flea infestations for complete 30 days
- Dogs can go in rain and even swim after application of the treatment thanks to the waterproof property of the treatment
- Eliminates 99% ticks within 2 days of administration
- Flea prevention in dogs
- Kills 100% fleas within a day of administration
- Protects dogs from ticks for full 30 days
- Recommended for dogs at least 8 weeks of age or bodyweight more than 4.4 lbs.
- Treats and prevents ticks