Frontline Plus for Cats
Treatment ForFlea & Tick
Health BenefitsExternal Parasite Protection
Product TypeTopical, Spot-on
Parasites CoveredFlea, Flea eggs & larvae, Tick, Chewing Lice
Protects For1 Month
Recommended ForKittens 8 weeks of age and older
Key IngredientsFipronil and (S)-Methoprene
Frontline Plus for Cats
Frontline Plus for cats is a monthly spot-on flea treatment for felines that provides a swift, helpful and expedient solution for abolishing and averting pests for kittens and cats. It is very easy to administer this treatment. Frontline Plus for cats will provide flea protection for more than 4 weeks to your cats. It kills all forms of flea life encompassing flea egg, flea larvae, and adult fleas within 12 hours of its administration and ticks within 48 hours of administration. It is also quite effective against ticks particularly those that carry Lyme disease along with lice. This ingenious flea and tick control product is suitable to use for pregnant, breeding, and lactating animals. Due to its waterproof property, Frontline Plus for Cats remains effective even after water immersion, bathing or contact to sunlight.
It is recommended for kittens older than 8 weeks of age over 1.5 pounds
How It Works?
Frontline Plus for cats consists of two active ingredients - Fipronil and (S)-methoprene. Fipronil, a broad-spectrum insecticide disturbs the central nervous system of fleas by blocking γ-Aminobutyric acid (GABA)-gated chloride channels and glutamate-gated chloride (GluCl) channels which results in central nervous system toxicity. This ultimately causes hyperexcitation in flea’s nerves and muscles resulting in their death. (S) - Methoprene acts as an insect growth regulator. It disturbs the life cycle of flea and ticks and prevents re-infestation. It forbids the growth of flea eggs or larvae and averts their development process before they become mature and adult. It also prevents fleas from reaching maturity or reproducing. When both these ingredients are used in conjunction it results in complete abolishment of fleas and ticks from the body of cats and kittens.
Important Note: Merial is now acquired by Boehringer Ingelheim. So, the manufacturer’s name on product packs may vary according to the available stock.
Frontline Spray is a uniquely formulated flea and tick treatment for dogs, cats, puppies and kittens. This spray formula is highly effective in eliminating flea infestations and helps in curing Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) in cats and dogs. Moreover, the product provides flea protection for full 3 months and from ticks (including paralysis ticks) for 3 weeks. The product is also quite easy to administer in cats and dogs. More info on Frontline Spray.
Ingredients: Fipronil and (S)-Methoprene
- Lift and remove the plastic tab to expose foil backing
- Then peel away the foil or use scissors to open
- Hold upright with foil side toward you and snap applicator tip
- Part your pet's hair between the shoulder blades
- Place the applicator tip just above the skin and squeeze
- Apply entire contents of the applicator in a single spot directly onto the cat's skin until the pipette is empty
- Avoid touching the wet application spot
- Wait 24 hours to allow solution to dry before bathing or letting your pet swim
- Give each of your pets its own complete dose
- Children or other pets should not be allowed to play with the treated pet until and unless the applied area is dried out
- Do not expose the treatment near the eyes. If the treatment enters the eyes accidently wash them promptly with running water. If burning sensation persists then take the cat to the veterinarian
- Do not let the pet ingest this treatment. If accidently ingested then there can be adverse reactions including hyper-salivation, hyperesthesia and vomiting etc. Consult your veterinarian in such situations immediately
- Ensure that the cat does not lick the application site
- This spot-on treatment is specifically for cats
- Wash hands after administering the treatment or wear gloves during treatment
- This spot-on treatment should not be combined with other spot-on flea and tick treatments unless recommended by your veterinarian
- Prevents all flea stages (eggs, larvae, pupae) from developing
- Stops flea infestations
- For cats and kittens 8 weeks and older over 1.5 pounds
- Kills adult fleas, ticks, flea eggs and larvae
- Kills ticks that may transmit diseases
- Offers a mighty killing force for a full 30 days
- Provides waterproof effectiveness
- Number one choice of veterinarians for flea and tick control