Broadline Spot-on Solution for Cats
Broadline is one-of-its-kind spot-on solution utilized for the treatment of cats with or at risk of mixed infestations of fleas and ticks, tapeworm and roundworm. It treats the prevailing flea infestations along with new infestations and prevention of environmental flea contamination for at least a month. It also treats tick infestations and also prevention of new infestations for a maximum of three weeks. It can even be used to treat gastrointestinal worms and tapeworms along with a type of worm that infects the bladder of the feline. Even heartworm disease can be prevented with the help of this effective product.
Three groups are targeted by the treatment:
- Ectoparasites includes treatment and infestation of fleas, immature stages of fleas, within a day for a complete month protection and ticks within 2 days.
- Cestodes treats infestations with tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia taeniaeformis, Echinococcus multilocularis).
- Nematods that treats infestations with gastrointestial worms, vesical worms along with prevention of heartworm disease for a complete month.
It is recommended for kittens and cats at least 8 weeks of age.
How it works?
Fipronil, (S)-methoprene, praziquantel and eprinomectin are the four active ingredients in Broadline. Fripronil and (S)-methoprene are popular for killing fleas and ticks along with breaking their life cycle. Females are sterilized by (S)-methoprene, as it mimics an insect hormone to prevent sexual development and further build up of eggs in the environment. Praziquantel is effective against untouched tapeworm population, leaving them paralyzed and unable to resist digestion by host. They lose hold of their position in the gut and are either fully digested or passed out in fragments. Eprinomectin is a semi-synthetic avermectin that produces hyperpolarisation of either the muscle or nerve cell and paralysis while the chemical is absorbed into the bloodstream, it is unable to cross the blood-brain barrier which ultimately leads to death of the roundworms, lice and mites.
Fipronil, (S)-methoprene, eprinomectin and praziquantel
To apply BROADLINE pull back the plunger slightly, remove cap, place the tip of the applicator on the skin and apply the contents directly on the skin in one spot on the mid-line of the neck between the base of the skull and shoulder blades.
Administer the entire contents of a BROADLINE applicator topically by selecting an appropriate applicator size according to the weight of the feline.
Never let the contents of the treatment enter the eyes of the kitty. If it enters the cat's eyes then wash the eyes properly in running water because the product content can cause eye irritation and slight mucous membrane. If the irritation persists consult your veterinarian
This product is meant to be used only on felines
Do not smoke, drink or eat while administering this treatment on your kitty
Wash your hands with soap and water after administering this treatment
If any applicator is not used then store it in intact blister package
Avoid contact of applicator content with fingers. If it happens wash your fingers properly with soap and water
Do not allow children and pets to get near the treatment
Do not allow children or other pets to groom the treated cat until the application site dries out completely
If your kitty is 6 months or older and you are residing in areas epidemic for heartworm then get her tested for prevailing heartworm infestation before starting this treatment for heartworm prevention
- Never use this treatment in sick or convalescent cats
- The safety of this treatment has not been established during pregnancy and lactation
- If the cat licks the application site after treatment, temporary excessive salivation can be observed. Oral ingestion of the veterinary medicinal product may also result in vomiting and/or in transient neurological signs such as ataxia, disorientation, apathy and pupil dilation.
- A temporary clumping or spiking of the hair may be seen at the application site after treatment. Mild and transient skin reactions at the application site (itching, hair loss) may occur.
- Controls flea bite hypersensitivity by flea control
- Combines both internal and external parasite control in a single product
- Prevents flea and tick infestations, biting lice, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms
- Recommended for cats and kittens at least 8 weeks of age
- Kills newly acquired fleas within 8 to 24 hours