Eqvalan Wormer Paste
Eqvalan is an easy to use paste for horses that aids in controlling ringworms, lungworm and bots encompassing dangerous arterial stages of blood-worm. This paste is recommended for all ages of horses with no apparent side effects. It also kills significant gastrointestinal roundworms like small strongyles, lungworm, arterial stages of S. vulgeris and bots in a single dose.
How it works?
Eqvalan Paste, a Merial product contains Ivermectin as an active ingredient. Ivermectin is a broad-spectrum antiparasitic agent that is effective against worm infestations including ringworms, lungworm and bots along with elimination of roundworms. Thus, it gets rid of these worms from the horse's body and keeps them healthy and fit.
Important Note: Merial is now acquired by Boehringer Ingelheim. So, the manufacturer’s name on product packs may vary according to the available stock.
- For oral administration only.
- Hold the plunger and then turn the knurled ring on the plunger ¼ turn to the left and slide it so that the stop ring is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by turning it ¼ turn to the right in order to bring the two arrows, the one visible to the ring and the one on the plunger rod, into alignment.
- Ensure that the horse's mouth does not contain any feed.
- Get rid of the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the tip of the syringe into the mouth of the horse at the inter-dental space and then deposit the paste at the base of the tongue.
- Raise the horse's head instantly for a few seconds after dosing to ensure that the paste is consumed properly.
- Foals should be treated initially at 6 to 8 weeks of age and then every 8 weeks until they are 18 months old. Older horses should be treated every 8 to 10 weeks.
- For further instructions on administration, check the product label or get in touch with your veterinarian.
- Children and other pets should not be allowed to get in close proximity to the product.
- Ensure that the horse is not overdosed with the treatment as it can have adverse effects on the horse like ataxia, tremors, coma, stupor, and mydriasis.
- Never administer this treatment on any other animal species except horses.
- Studies have showed that there is no adverse effect of this treatment on horses of all ages including young foals, pregnant mares and breeding stallions.
- This product can be used in conjunction with other equine health care products with no apparent side effects.
- This product should not enter the eyes of the horses. In case of accidental exposure, wash the eyes properly with rinsed water.
- This treatment should not be administered on horses that are meant to be slaughtered for consumption.
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water after administering the product.
- Aids in controlling bots in horses
- Effective treatment for different types of intestinal worms in horses
- Extremely safe on all ages and breeds of horses including pregnant female horses
- No apparent side effects of the product
- Very simple to use and easy to administer