Getting rid of fleas and ticks is not an easy task. You can experiment all you want, but these parasites won’t leave your dog unless you pick the right treatment. Thus, to protect the dog from fleas and ticks, it’s imperative to control both indoor and outdoor environment. A home remedy certainly won’t be enough to remove all the fleas. Therefore, along with flea and tick treatments, you also need to wipe off fleas and ticks from your house.
First and foremost, you need to eliminate fleas and ticks from your dog’s body. Only then you can get rid of fleas from your house. Here are the top flea and tick treatments you can buy for your dog –
Frontline Plus for Dogs
Frontline Plus is one of the top-selling flea and tick preventative treatments. It’s a topical treatment that protects your dog for one entire month. The active ingredients, Fipronil and (s)-Methoprene, when combined, works powerfully against the parasites. This monthly treatment is easy to apply and eliminates fleas and eliminates 100% fleas within 24 hours and ticks within 48 hours.
- Breaks the flea life cycle and prevents re-infestation
- Eliminates 100% fleas within 24 hours and ticks within 24 hours
- Helps in treating flea allergy dermatitis
- Kills the fleas at the immature stage
- Lasts for one entire month
- Safe to use on puppies and dogs over 8 weeks of age
- Water-resistant and easy to apply
Nexgard for Dogs
This treatment is available in chewable form and protects your dog from fleas and ticks. For people who prefer oral tablets, this is the perfect one. It is a beef-flavored tablet that is easy to administer and stays effective for 30 days. The main ingredient is Afoxolaner, which kills fleas and ticks by over stimulating their nervous system. Moreover, this product kills adult fleas before they can lay eggs thus, prevents re-infestation. In addition, it also helps in controlling flea allergy dermatitis.
- Highly palatable chewable treatment
- Kills both fleas and ticks
- Also treats flea allergy dermatitis
- Protects the dog for one full month
- Easy to administer with no side effects
- Safe for all dog breeds
If you don’t prefer topical treatments, this chewable is the best for your dog. Thus, if your pooch doesn’t like spot-on treatments, you can always get this chewable, which he will happily gobble up!
Seresto Collar for Dogs
Seresto flea and tick collar is a long lasting product that prevents infestation and gets rid of the parasites. It is easy to put on the dog, odorless, and a non-greasy collar. Moreover, it provides 8 months flea protection and 4 months tick protection to dogs that don’t swim. The duration is less for dogs that are bathed more than once a month or likes to swim – 5 months flea protection and 3 months tick protection in such cases.
- Highly effective against fleas and ticks
- Long-lasting treatment
- Kills adult fleas before they can lay eggs
- Odor free and water-resistant
- The unique mechanism prevents strangulation
For pet parents with busy schedule who sometimes forget the monthly dosages, Seresto collar will protect the dog for a longer period of time. Moreover, this is also a great choice for dogs who like to play outdoors.
Below Are Some Tips to Control Flea Infestation in Your Home –
- Vacuum every single area where your dog likes to play or sleep. The flea eggs are scattered around those places, so it needs to be cleaned without any delay.
- If you have a garden or plants outside the house, mow the lawn and clear up all the wastage to make the environment less favorable for the parasites.
- Dispose of any kind of empty containers to halt the flea and tick infestation.
- Wash all the linens and clothes with warm water to destroy any fleas or flea eggs.
- If there is a heavy infestation, you may also spray the places with pesticides.
Follow the above-mentioned tips and your house will be free from flea and tick infestation. Always remember, along with flea and tick treatment, keep the house clean so these parasites don’t make a habitat there.