Fleas and ticks are the menaces that pet parents are fighting for a long period of time. And, to fight against these parasites many pet healthcare companies are also working day and night to come up with the best flea and tick treatment that is safe, efficacious and long-lasting. Fortunately, there are some companies who have been successful to crack it and below is the list of 3 broad spectrum products from different companies who have not only wooed cat parents but also their cats.Looking for the best flea treatment in the market? Well, you have the list of top 3 best broad spectrum flea treatments below.
Revolution, a monthly spot-on, produced by Zoetis to eliminate major troublesome parasites from your cat’s body. It is popular among cat parents and is actively recommended by the Vets.
- The spot-on kills and kills >98% adult fleas within 36 hours of administration and also kills flea eggs, and flea larvae effectively.
- Revolution provides >90% of flea protection for an entire month
- The active ingredient selamectin actively kills heartworm microfilaria hence preventing heartworm disease
- Consult your vet before administering the product on cats with existing heartworm infestations
- The flea treatment also treats ear mites and sarcoptic mange
- Effectively treats and controls hookworms and roundworms in cats for 30 days.
- Safe for kitten older than 6 weeks
- Efficient in killing both external and internal parasites.
- DOSAGE TABLE:
2. Frontline Plus
One of the most prominent product in flea and tick treatment market is Frontline Plus. It was manufactured by Merial ( Boehringer Ingelheim) with a vision to provide a healthy and flea free life to cats.
- Fipronil and (S)-Methoprene, the active ingredients are very effective in eliminating the fleas and ticks by contact.
- Since it kills by contact, it saves your cat from the pain of bites.
- The monthly spot-on neutralizes the fleas and ticks within 2 days of administration
- Frontline is very efficient controlling sarcoptic mange infections.
- It also destroys chewing lice.
- Waterproof spot-on, you just have to wait till it gets fully absorbed by the skin
- Frontline Plus destroys the flea life cycle completely.
- Safe to use on cats older than 8 weeks of age
- The deadly ticks like brown ticks, American dog ticks, deer ticks, and lone star ticks are efficaciously eradicated by this monthly treatment
Advantage Multi is one of the most selling flea treatments. Manufactured by Bayer, It quickly delivers the desired results.
- Contains Imidacloprid and Moxidectin as active ingredients that show start working within one hour of application
- An efficacious spot-on treatment that kills both internal and external parasites
- Advantage multi successfully breaks the flea life cycle by killing flea eggs, pupae, and larvae
- Prevents sarcoptic mange in cats
- The monthly spot-on also destroys intestinal worms, lungworms, and ear mites
- Although heartworms are very rare in cats still it protects your cat against heartworms infestations for 4 weeks.
Hope this list helps you in selecting a correct flea treatment for your cat. These products are at the top because of the results they deliver. You can choose any one of them and it will be the correct decision.
Fleas not only suck your kitten’s blood but also take away the peace from her life and yours too.
You may also like to read How To Keep Fleas Away From Your Long Haired Cat?